How to Search
In order to search for ingredients, you must do the following:
- Log in to CleanGredients®. If you do not have a password, you will need to subscribe.
- Select the search link in the horizontal menu at the top of the page. This should take you to the search page where all ingredients will automatically be displayed in alphabetical order.
- You can scroll to the bottom of the page to select additional pages to view, or simply select the “View All” link displayed next to the page numbers to see all ingredients displayed on one page.
Conducting a Search
- You can search for ingredients by selecting a supplier, a chemical class, or by entering a keyword or CAS Registry Number (CAS RN).
- Selecting a supplier will limit the chemical classes to those available from that supplier.
- Selecting a chemical class will limit the suppliers to those that have listed ingredients of the type selected.
- Note also that CAS RNs must be entered with the appropriate hyphens. For example, to enter the full CAS RN for water, you must enter “7732-18-5” (not “7732185”). However, you may also enter partial CAS RNs (e.g., you might enter “7732” or “7732-18” if you were searching for water).
- If you would like to specify additional search criteria, select the “More Search Criteria” link to activate dropdown menus for two additional search criteria fields.
- After defining your search criteria, you must select the “Go” button located to the right of the screen beneath the “Keyword/CAS RN” search box.
- To begin a new search or return to the default search screen, click the “Clear” button.
Sorting and Interpreting Results
- After conducting a search, all relevant results will be displayed in a table directly below the search fields. The table lists each matching ingredient as well as the supplier name, CAS RN(s) (if provided by the supplier), whether or not the ingredient meets the relevant DfE Criteria, and an abbreviated product description.
- To view more detailed information about an ingredient, click on the ingredient name. This will open the ingredient detail page, where you will find more in-depth information about the ingredient, including general information, physical-chemical attributes, human and environmental health attributes, and regulatory attributes. You can select among these categories of information by clicking directly on the grey boxes, which will expand to display the details in each category.
- Click the “Expand/Collapse All” link located on the right-hand side of the page to display all details at once or to collapse all expanded detail sections.
- Click the “Back to Search Results” link to return to the search results page for your last query.