CleanGredients® is a unique partnership between GreenBlue, the U.S. EPA, and industry that benefits suppliers and formulators alike in a number of important ways.
CleanGredients builds on market demand for “green” products.
Demand is steadily increasing for cleaning products that contain healthy and safe ingredients. This is a market opportunity, and many companies seek to meet this demand by creating new, "green" products.
CleanGredients creates opportunities for product recognition by U.S. EPA.
CleanGredients streamlines participation in the U.S. EPA DfE Formulator Initiative by listing ingredient chemicals that are “pre-screened” against U.S. EPA criteria. CleanGredients helps suppliers to market – and formulators to identify – chemicals that will support formulation recognition by the U.S. EPA.
CleanGredients helps purchasers to identify “green” products.
CleanGredients helps purchasers by: 1) increasing the number of products bearing the U.S. EPA DfE logo, and 2) providing valuable information by which to compare competing products.
CleanGredients helps formulators and suppliers to communicate.
Formulators currently do not have reliable, up-to-date information about new “green” ingredient chemicals. Suppliers do not have a standard format to describe the “green” advantages of new ingredient chemicals. CleanGredients provides an "online marketplace" of green chemicals to address these needs.
CleanGredients reduces costs for suppliers and formulators.
CleanGredients is an online “one-stop shop” for green chemicals that reduces research, development, and marketing costs. For suppliers, it provides a centralized marketing venue for products. For formulators, it reduces time spent searching for appropriate ingredients, significantly increasing speed-to-market.
CleanGredients is an efficient market for green chemistry alternatives.
CleanGredients directly links chemical suppliers and formulators through an online database. Existing resources identify “known bad” chemicals; CleanGredients identifies preferable alternatives and provides supplier contact information, links to websites, material safety data sheets, technical fact sheets, and more.
CleanGredients is a unique and replicable approach that offers:
- Credibility. Detailed, unbiased, independently verified data.
- Ease of use. User-friendly interface.
- Leverage. Development of new formulations from CleanGredients-listed ingredients.
- Growth potential. Future modules for other chemical classes and product categories.
- Voluntary recognition. Developed through industry and government collaboration.
- Flexibility. Useful for various green formulation initiatives (eco-labels, DfE, CSR).
- Security. Method for reporting attributes without sharing proprietary information.
- Choice. Provides an alternative recognition option to eco-labels and certification.