Chemistry that meets U.S. EPA’s Design for the Environment (DfE) Safer Ingredient Criteria
CleanGredients is the definitive database of chemical ingredients whose formulations have been pre-approved by the U.S. EPA for use in DfE-labeled products.
Ingredients listed in CleanGredients have been verified by independent third-party experts to pass DfE’s stringent criteria, designed to safeguard human and environmental health.
CleanGredients serves multiple audiences to provide verified, trusted safer chemistry data
- Authoritative resource where ingredients are recognized by the formulator community as exemplary
- Pre-approved status saves your customers time and money when pursuing the DfE label
- The CleanGredients logo is a trustmark suppliers use to communicate the benefits of their products to their customers
- A trusted resource for identifying ingredients that have been pre-approved to meet DfE Safer Product Labeling Program criteria, strengthening brand awareness and credibility in the marketplace
- Assures consistency and credibility through independent, third-party review and verification
- Significantly reduces review time and costs and gets your products to market faster
- A DfE labeled product guarantees that every chemical has been reviewed and verified by a third party expert to meet DfE’s stringent criteria to protect human and environmental health
- The DfE label represents a community of manufacturers whose best practices result in products that are safer for humans and our environment